- This event has passed.
The South African Excellence Movement Interactive Workshop 20 August 2019
Aug 20, 2019 @ 8:30 am - 12:30 pm UTC+0R150
The JCCI invites manufacturers and interested stakeholders to attend an Interactive, Solutions Focused Workshop
The biggest challenges in industry and how we can collectively remedy the situation
We as manufacturers can help to change South Africa from a consumer society to a world-class producer with increasing export opportunities. Government’s key stimulation sectors are manufacturing and mining. The biggest off-take customers are Blue Chip Corporates and State Owned Companies. Tier 1, 2, and 3 suppliers should be supplying them and exporting into Europe and Africa.
What do we need to do to accelerate the localisation implementation plans?
Focal points of discussion will be:
- Political Apathy – Why are not getting ESD spend from SOC’s or Blue Chip Corporates?
- Export opportunities are formidable, but what about the local market?
- The DTI’s efforts to ensure SOC’s fulfill their mandates on local spend and Supplier Development – is it working?
- Sectoral Localisation Plans Responsibilities of JSE listed companies to the local market Competitive pricing
- Transformation barriers Let’s work through the solutions TOGETHER
Increased profits, reduced costs and improved market are NOT mutually exclusive. In a depressed economy, opportunity for growth is enormous. Let’s workshop the solutions together.
WHEN Tuesday 20 August 2019
TIME: Registration 08:30, Function: 09:00 – 12:30
VENUE : 7th Floor JCC House, cnr. Empire Rd and Owl St, Milpark
PRICE : R150.00 (includes VAT)
PARKING: There is secure parking next to JCC House (27 Owl St) on a first-come basis.
Entrance to the parking garage is opposite the Garden Court Hotel (not included in fee)
BOOKING: Email the following information to Zanele Ndimande firstname.lastname@example.org
- First name & Surname:
- Company Name:
- Tel No.
- VAT No.
- Postal Address:
- Proof of Payment
Cancellations must be made in writing 48 hours prior to the event.
Payment: JCCI Std Bank Braamfontein – Branch code 004805 – Acct. 0033 42530