Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa Limited (ECIC)
ECIC is established by Export Credit and Foreign Investment Re-Insurance Amendment Act, 1957 (Act No. 78 of 1957) as amended.
It promotes trade with countries outside the Republic by providing for the insurance on behalf of the Government of the Republic of contracts in connection with export transactions, investments and loans or similar facilities connected with such transaction, and to provide for matters connected therewith.
- Is a self-sustained state-owned national export credit agency;
- Is a registered insurer and is subject to the supervision and regulation of the Financial Services Board and other relevant legislation;
- Underwrites bank loans, supplier credits and investments outside South Africa in order to enable South African contractors to win capital goods and services contracts in other countries;
- Is subject to normal income tax at corporate rates;
- Follows normal company policies and procedures in its operations; and
- Conducts its business in a transparent manner, with its annual report made freely available to the public.
View Export Credit Insurance Corporation of South Africa Limited (ECIC) Website