1 DAY FIDIC CONTRACT - Focusing on The Red & Yellow Book!!!
07 June 2018 - 19 August 2018
Programme Line Up:
08:50 - 09:00 | Mrs Gerda Evans, CEO - ISIZEZE
Welcome and Introductions:
09:05 - 11:00 | SESSION 1
- Understand why their FIDIC contract suits their project;
- Be able to ensure that their FIDIC contract is entered into in accordance with best practice
- Understand FIDIC concepts & timelines;
- Appreciate when liability is being taken on by the employer, by the contractor & by the engineer and the risk that flows from it;
11:0 - 11:20 TEA BREAK
11:20 - 13:00 | SESSION 2
- Understand who the parties to the contract are: Employer, Contractor, The Engineer - and what their contractual obligations entail
- Understand the claims process & how to - Bring claims, Determine claims, Defended claims.
- Understand the role of sub-contractors
- Understand the role of the programme
13:00 - 13:40 LUNCH
13:40 - 15:30 | SESSION 3
- Understand the taking over and final completion processes especially defects liability
- Be aware of the different forms of security recognised by FIDIC
- Understand the process of suspension and termination
15:30 - 15:50 TEA BREAK
15:50 - 18:00 | SESSION 4
- Understand variations, especially - who may vary the works, when a party may vary the works, how compensation for variations is calculated.
- Understand the FIDIC payment process
- Understand the dispute resolution process in the South African context
Export Council Members:
*R999.00 incl VAT pp
*R2999.00 incl VAT pp
*Payment before the event is compulsory.
*No Delegates will be allowed to attend until payment has been received.
*Includes registration, conference documents and refreshments.
*Members not attending without 24h notice will be charged R200.00 pp non-cancellation fee.
Thursday, 7th June 2018
Click here for Booking form
Please RSVP by 4 June 2018
(Payment must be received by this date ) Kindly forward registration and proof of payment to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- SACPCMP - 2 Points
- ECSA - 1 Credit
- ASAQS : 7 hours CPD credits for Category 1
- PIA Validation of 1 CPD credit